Filed under: PROPHESY, Resurrection | Tags: Ar"i, dew, resurection, The living dead, zombies
UPDATED AUGUST 28th 2014
One hundred twenty elders and eighty prophets ordained reading this Prophesy of Ezekiel on the Sabbath occurring during the Holiday of Passover. This group included the prophets Haggai, Zachariah and Malachi. :
1. The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the wind of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
2. And he led me around among them; and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, behold, they were very dry.
3. And he said to me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, you know.
4. And he said to me, Prophesy over these bones, and say to them, O you dry bones, hear the word of the Lord.
5. Thus says the Lord God to these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live;
6. And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am the Lord.
7. And I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to its bone.
8. And as I beheld, behold, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above; but there was no breath in them.
9. And he said to me, Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus says the Lord God: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
10. And I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, a very large army.
11. Then he said to me, son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel; behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost; we are clean cut off.
12. Therefore prophesy and say to them, Thus says the Lord God: Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
13. And you shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up from your graves,
14. And I shall put my spirit in you, and you shall live, and I shall place you in your own land; then shall you know that I, the Lord, have spoken it, and performed it, says the Lord.
( Ezekiel Chapter 37 : 1-14)
The Prophet Zephaniah says:
” Behold at that time I will undo all that afflicts you. I will save her Who limps and gather Her Who was driven out. I will get Them praise and fame Who had been put to shame in all the Earth. At that time I will bring you in. At that time I will gather you. For I will make Your name a praise among all the people of the earth. When I restore Your dwelling before your eyes says YHVH ” (3:19-20). The Metsudat David says this will be a complete redemption. Meaning that the ten tribes that did not return when the second temple was built will return now. The expression ” before Your eyes ” eludes to the fact that the generation at the time of the redemption will with their eyes see the “Resurrection of the dead” . This is what is described in the Prophesy above of Ezekiel. Concerning this Prophesy of Ezekiel The Metsudat David says concerning the words ” These bones are the whole house of Israel “, this prophesy is a hint at the sign and wonder which will happen to the dead in the period of redemption. Bringing the dead back to life will be a sign of redemption in the future. The Prophet Isaiah also shows us part of this distant vision:
” The dead of Your people shall live. My dead bodies shall rise awake and sing You who dwell in the dust. For Your dew is as the dew on herbs. The Earth shall cast out Her shades of the dead ” (26:19)
The Metsudat David says just as dew helps plants grow this dew will bring the dead bodies to life. The Radak says in the time of deliverance the dead shall live, but the Earth shall not cast out bodies of the wicked. They shall not become enlivened.
The Ar’i HaKodesh in Safer Lekutim teaches that Biblical Resurrection of the Dead will occur by means of holy spiritual drops that manifest from the Name of God yud-hei-vav numerical value 39, 39 is the numerical value of the word “tal” (dew).
We will conclude with the words from the Prophet Daniel:
” The many of Those Who sleep in the dust the Earth shall awake. Some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting contempt. They Who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament. They shall turn many to righteousness. Like the stars for ever and ever.”
Rashi explains those that are dead ” asleep in the dust ” shall live. Those Who occupied themselves in this world with Torah and mitzvoth (commandments-attachment) will shine like the illumination of the firmament. The Metsudat David explains Those Who teach the many the way of God They shall illuminate like stars. Rebbenu Sadyah Goan explains that some will descend to shame in the lower chamber of Gehenom. As they abandoned God while in this world. From the Zohar we learn that at the time of resurrection those worthy will awaken to life in the world below, since they did not merit the world above. Those who dont even merit this will awaken to shame and everlasting contempt. When evil will pass away from this world these people will remain as a wonder to astonish people, they being a example of the evil that was before that had since passed from the world.1 Those not believing in the resurrection will not be resurrected.2 From the book Zerubavel we learn that each man will recognize his wife, father, brother, children and neighbors. They will fly on eagles to Messiah from the 4 corners of the earth.3 The Chofetz Chayim teaches in Wall of Knowledge Man’s final judgment and the position that He holds for all eternity will be determined after the resurrection. The judgement after death only determines where the soul should reside in Gan Aden. Thus ” Those born will die and be brought to life afterwards to be judged according to their acts “. The Chofetz Chayim further clarifies this matter in stating:
” By doing the mitzvoth one merits the Garden of Eden below. While according to his kavana (intent) he merits Upper Garden of Eden”
1. 1Zohar Mishpotim p.105b
1. 2Sulam on Zohar Vayachal p.198b
1. 3Zerubavel-Atzorot Midrashim
This resurrected body shall not be like the bodies we have now but it shall be a new creation. In safer Shoshon Sodot its written that the upper world brings forth the lower world included in בחסד חיים (life comes in kindness), this sweetens din (judgments) and will resurrect the dead.1 All mitzvot correct these vessels that together are called “tzelem” (Divine Image) and ” hevel gimore” (the breath left in the bones till resurrection).2 The letters of מנצפ”ך are the aspect of הבל (breath), they all go out from the letter ה . Within the 288 sparks is גרמי הבל (breath left in bones till Resurrection).3 From the ears nose and mouth go out breath “mamash” (explicitly). Less breath goes out from the ears than the nose less from the nose then the mouth. Breath are the “nikudot” of s”g. So breath by the vowels of s’g are as names of the nashama. This name of bina reveals different aspects of bina from breath. Bina reveals different aspects of the Nashama. Hevel (breath) is gematria luz, Parzuf Leah of atzilut is called “luz”. “luz” is also the name of the bone from which the resurrection will begin. The luz bone is from עפר (dust) of the mida of Bina. This עפר (dust) is atara (crown) for all to return to עפר. At the time of the resurrection טל (dew) will decend from ketter to Bina to this luz bone. The 7 lower sefirot of ima are 7 hvyh. these are the 7 breathes of Kohalet which is bina.4
The Nair Yisrael says Aden is the light of the first day of creation. It is also the name ” AEL” of the 13 “midot of Rachamim” (names of mercy) It’s say’s this name gives strength and it is the foundation 12 other names of mercy. It is from this level, from the 13 attributes of mercy that there comes the dew of resurrection5 The angel Matto”t will return the Ruach and Nashama to bodies at the time of the resurrection.6 Those who have no merit will rise at the resurrection of the dead to be judged.7
3 R. Semach Idra p.73
4shar kavanot-ar’i p.247,Shoshan Sodot
5shar mimori rasb’y-ar’i p.48
6Zohar Barashit p.181b
7Sulam on Zohar Vetchanon p.223a