The Brother of Jesus was a Jew as Jesus himself and saw the followers of his brother Jesus as members of the Jewish faith. He nor his brother intended to start a new religion. James after the death of Jesus tried prevent the new religion called “Christianity” from coming into fruition, but he failed.
The apostle Paul influenced people not to Join the Jews as Jesus was teaching but to worship Jesus as God and enter the New religion of Christianity. Jesus, the Jew, taught that man could earn God’s grace through repentance and righteousness. Paul taught salvation could only be obtained through belief in the Dead Jesus.
A serious Schism developed in the Church in the 4th century over the question of whether Jesus was part of God but not equal to Him as was held by the Arius churchman of Alexandria and the Athenians who held that Jesus was a part of God and equal to him. This Dispute was settled by the Roman emperor Constantine at the council of Nicaea, who had just converted to Christianity. He did not know much but he decided that the Arius churchman of Alexandria was heresy in favor of the Athenians who held that Jesus was a part of God and equal to him. More Christians killed each other over this Issue than were killed by the Romans in 3 centuries of persecution.
The Church sought to establish converts to its new religion and did this by the sword, in 10 centuries of armed conversions from about the year 300-1300. Thus was Christianity established on European soil. Every on had a choice to become a Christian or dead. The only exception to the was the Jews who the church thought to preserve as living proof of the authenticity of the Bible.
It is known that Eisav’s descendants accepted Christianity, Ishmael’s Islam. Islam and Christianity, both religions, are based on Judaism, on the revelations the Nation of Yisrael witnessed experienced. The Christians by including the Tanach”h (Jewish Bible) with their book and Islam’s Koran claims to be a continuation of the revelation of the God who gave the Torah, the God of Israel.
So Islam and Christianity Testify to the truth of the Torah, they wish it were their own. In the end Islam and Christianity are Jewish wanna be religions
Philo’s silence regarding Jesus is devastating to claims that Jesus in not only a fictional character. If Jesus really lived surely Philo would have mentioned him.
Philo of Alexandria, or Julius Philo, was a Hellenistic Jewish philosopher who lived in Alexandria, Egypt, during the Roman Empire.
Philo came from a noble and wealthy family. Either his father or grandfather was granted Roman citizenship from Roman dictator Gaius Julius Caesar. Philo had two brothers Alexander the Alabarch and Lysimachus.
His ancestors and family had social ties to the Priesthood in Judea; Hasmonean Dynasty, Herodian Dynasty and Julio-Claudian dynasty in Rome. Philo visited the Temple in Jerusalem at least once in his lifetime.
Philo would have been a contemporary to Jesus of Nazareth and his Apostles.
Philo along with his brothers received a thorough education. They were educated in the Hellenistic culture of Alexandria and Roman culture, to a degree in Ancient Egyptian culture and particularly in the traditions of Judaism, in the study of Jewish traditional literature and in Greek philosophy.
Philo represented the Alexandrian Jews before Roman Emperor Caligula because of civil strife between the Alexandrian Jewish and Greek communities.
Philo was an old man when he led an embassy from the Jews to the court of Emperor Gaius Caligula. The year was 39-40 AD. Philo clearly, then, lived at precisely the time that “Jesus of Nazareth” supposedly entered the world to a chorus of angels, enthralled the multitudes by performing miracles, and got himself crucified.
Philo was precisely in the right place to give testimony of Jesus if he was the Messiah or even if he preformed miracles. We know that Philo spent time in Jerusalem where he had intimate connections with the royal house of Judea. His brother, Alexander the “alabarch” (chief tax official), was one of the richest men in the east, in charge of collecting levies on imports into Roman Egypt. Alexander’s great wealth financed the silver and gold sheathing which adorned the doors of the Temple (Josephus, War 5.205). Alexander also loaned a fortune to Herod Agrippa I (Antiquities 18).
Much as Josephus would, a half century later, Philo wrote extensive apologetics on the Jewish religion and commentaries on contemporary politics. About thirty manuscripts and at least 850,000 words are extant.
Philo says not a word about Jesus, Christianity or any of the events described in the New Testament. In all his works,
Philo makes not a single reference to his contemporary “Jesus Christ”, the alleged godman. who supposedly was exorcising demons, raising the dead and causing earthquake and darkness at his death.
NOT A WORD
Philo knew nothing of Jesus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not in thirty manuscripts and at least 850,000 words
Filed under: Christianity
CHANUKAH LIGHTS UP THE DARKNESS
In the manuscript Pirqei-ha-Mashiach
The False, messiah is Named
Armulus or others write it as Armilus,
Aromulus will rule from Rome. will hear of the King of Yisrael in Jerusalem and he will work magic against Yisrael in order to cause them to error greatly. Then he will go to fight Mashiach ben yosef (The Messiah from the tribe of Joseph), he will gather together all the nations to fight Yerushlym (Jerusalem). This will be a time of great trouble to Yisrael, Mashiach ben Yosef will be killed. (If enough secret wisdom is in that generation Aromulus will not be able to kill him) Then all in Yisrael will lose faith as He was their hope. They will then hide in the deserts confused. This is the time the sages describe called birth pains of Mashiach (Messiah). Then GOD will hear their cry and answer them. Elijah and Mashiach ben David (Messiah from family of King David) will be revealed to them in the desert. For 40 days after Mashiach ben Yosef was slain many people will be killed until Elijah and Mashiach ben David with Yisrael leaves the desert and returns to Jerusalem to save the people in a great jealousy.1
1Hai goan-Atzerot Midrashim p.388
Satanism in the Catholic Church was revealed by Jesuit Priest, Father Malachi Martin, in his 1996 book, “Windswept House: A Vatican Novel.” On page 492 of his book, Fr. Martin
writes, Suddenly it became unarguable that now during this papacy, the Roman Catholic organization carried a permanent presence of clerics who worshipped Satan and liked it; of bishops and priests who sodomized boys and each other; of nuns who performed the “Black Rites” of Wicca,
and who lived in lesbian relationships… every day, including Sundays and Holy Days, acts of heresy and blasphemy and outrage and indifference were committed and permitted at holy Altars by men who had been called to be priests. Sacrilegious actions and rites were not only performed on Christ’s Altars, but had the connivance or at least the tacit permission of certain Cardinals, archbishops, and bishops…
Theologian and expert in the Catholic Church, Fr. Malachi Martin, writes about the Satanism of the Roman Catholic Church. Fr. Malachi Martin had for a long time maintained that Satanists had infiltrated the Vatican. Just before his death, Fr. Martin said that soon after the installation of Pope Paul VI in 1963, Vatican Satanists clandestinely installed “Lucifer” in a secret ceremony called “The Enthronement of the Fallen Archangel Lucifer.” The ceremony was conducted at the St. Paul’s Chapel located within the Vatican. Pope Paul VI later wrote that “the smoke of Satan has entered the Sanctuary.” Fr. Malachi Martin said that the incidence of Satanic pedophilia and its rites and practices was already documented among certain bishops and priests as widely dispersed as Turin, in Italy, and South Carolina, in the United States. He emphasised, “The systematic organizational links of the network, that had been established between certain clerical homo- sexual groups and Satanist covens, had inordinate power and influence.”When we read the news headlines today concerning the evil acts of numerous Catholic priests and even bishops against children, we can not help think about
what Fr. Malachi Martin prophesied six years ago. Fr. Martin also said that the “Third Secret of Fatima” concerned the apostasy of the Roman Catholic Church. He said that the essential message seems to be about Satanists
lurking in the shadows, from the heart of the Vatican down to the local parishes, manipulating events and putting great effort to subvert the Roman Catholic Church. He said that these Satanists are in league with Zionists and what he
called the “Universal Assembly”, a Masonic group of Western plutocrats and the Illuminati.
Fr. Malachi Martin also spoke about a shadowy evil character he described as the “Cardinal of Century-City” who bears a strange similarity to Cardinal Roger Mahoney of Los(t) Angeles. Presently, there is a growing tide of people calling
for his resignation due to the Archdiocese’s cover-up of Satanic homosexual pedophile crimes against children.
According to ancient Midrashic sources about 2000 years old, there is a secret meeting place under the city of Rome. In this place is said to be a life size statue of a beautiful young woman. It is said that “priests” come and spill their seed into this statue by this the child Armilus is born.
“To believe that the Temple in Ezekiel has yet to be built discredits the work of Messiah.”
To start with Jesus is not the Messiah , some say he attempted this
What ever the case is he did not do what the Messiah will do. The world is not been redeemed, the work of the Messiah will bring ultimate sanctification to God’s name in the world. This certainly has not happened. As it is written in Isiah :
1. And there shall come forth a rod from the stem of Jesse, and a branch shall grow from his roots;
2. And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;
3. And his delight shall be in the fear of the Lord; and he shall not judge by what his eyes see, nor decide by what his ears hear.
4. But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and decide with equity for the humble of the earth; and he shall strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
5. And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
6. The wolf also shall live with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
7. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8. And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper’s den.
9. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.
THESE THINGS CERTAINLY HAVE NOT OCCURRED
The Jesus Idea, trinity and especially the “2nd” coming are all Roman inventions
The most foundational teaching God Gave to Moses and Abraham before him is
GOD IS ONE , only one not 3 in one not …………………
GOD IS ONE
“Hear, O Israel; The Lord is God The Lord is one”
Another major Distinction God taught Abraham , which in his time was unheard and reinforce again at mount Sinai is
“15. Take therefore good heed to yourselves; for you saw no manner of form on the day when the Lord spoke to you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire;”
God is Bigger than all physicality and has no physical representation. As such is the foundation of all idolatry.
The cross and genuflexion to it, is just this
Now concerning your question of the “the prophetic signifigance of the Second Temple.”
Although the Temple had been destroyed and Jerusalem burned to the ground, the Jews and Judaism survived the encounter with Rome. The supreme legislative and judicial body, the Sanhedrin (successor of the Knesset Hagedolah) was reconvened in Yavneh (70 CE), and later in Tiberias.
Without the unifying framework of a state and the Temple, the small remaining Jewish community gradually recovered, reinforced from time to time by returning exiles. Institutional and communal life was renewed, priests were replaced by rabbis and the synagogue became the focus of the Jewish communities, as evidenced by remnants of synagogues found at Capernaum, Korazin, Bar’am, Gamla, and elsewhere. Halakhah (Jewish religious law) served as the common bond among the Jews and was passed on from generation to generation until this day and there has been nothing like this in the whole earth.
The Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Girgashites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites and their cultures have disappeared not the Hebrews, the Jewish people.
To believe that the Temple in Ezekiel has yet to be built discredits the work of Messiah.
And the so called New testament.
As they directly contradict the words of God in the Bible many times in many things from the Sabbath changed to Sunday, to permission to eat forbidden food as pork and negation of the Biblical holidays. Almost all the Holy things God gave to mankind as a gift the so called new testament negates, including knowledge of the 3rd Temple, which fills the images of the prophets who speak of a Temple in the “end of days, which will be rebuilt at the Time of the Redemption.
These verses make it clear beyond any doubt that the Temple described in Ezekiel has yet to be built, it was not the 2nd Temple:
1. And he brought me back to the door of the house; and, behold, waters flowed from under the threshold of the house eastward; for the front of the house faced to the east, and water run out from beneath the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.
2. And he brought me out by the way of the gate northward, and led me around the way outside to the outer gate by the way that faces to the east; and, behold, there ran out water on the right side.
3. And when the man who had the line in his hand went out eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the water; the water reached the ankles.
4. And he measured a thousand, and brought me through the water; the water reached the knees. And he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the water reached the loins.
5. And he measured a further thousand; and it was a stream that I could not pass over; for the water had risen, water to swim in, a stream that could not be passed over.
6. And he said to me, Son of man, have you seen this? Then he brought me, and caused me to return to the edge of the stream.
7. And when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the stream were many trees on one side and on the other.
8. And he said to me, These waters flow out towards the eastern region, and go down to the Arabah, to the sea; and when they enter the sea, the waters shall be healed.
9. And it shall come to pass, that every thing that lives, which moves, wherever the streams shall come, shall live; and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come there; for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live where the stream comes.
10. (K) And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Ein-Gedi as far as Ein-Eglayim; they shall be a place for spreading nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, a great many like the fish of the Great Sea.
11. But its swamps and its marshes shall not be healed; they shall be left for salt.
12. And by the stream, upon its bank, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for food, whose leaf shall not wither, nor shall its fruit fail; it shall bring forth fresh fruit every month, because the waters for them flow from the sanctuary; and their fruit shall be for food, and their leaves for healing.
Ezekiel Chapter 47
“35. It shall be eighteen thousand measures around; and the name of the city from that day shall be, The Lord is there.”
Ezekiel Chapter 48
This obviously is yet to pass
, May we see these things quickly in our days
Read the Prophesies at the link here if you have doubt or questions or interest concerning these things :
Filed under: Christianity
There are those who say “our way is the only way to God”,
but this is absolutely not true.
God searches the hearts of man all hears all true prayer
“ YHV”H (The Lord) is near to all those who call upon him, to all who call upon him in truth.”
I have heard people say :
“We Christian soldiers don’t use weapons of man to fight wars, but the word of God. For the word of God is living an active, sharper than any two-edged sword, able to penetrate even the sinew and bone.”
Not sure what Christian soldiers you are talking about there sure are , and have been a lot of Christians killing in wars with weapons. Just like the rest of the races in this “unredeemed world”
Don’t worry the Messiah will come and set the record straight
Leave your delusion
Listed are only events that solely occurred on command or participation of church authorities or were committed in the name of Christianity. (List incomplete)
* As soon as Christianity became legal in the Roman Empire by imperial edict (315), more and more pagan temples were destroyed by Christian mob. Pagan priests were killed.
* Between 315 and 6th century thousands of pagan believers were slain.
* Examples of destroyed Temples: the Sanctuary of Aesculap in Aegaea, the Temple of Aphrodite in Golgatha, Aphaka in Lebanon, the Heliopolis.
* Christian priests such as Mark of Arethusa or Cyrill of Heliopolis were famous as “temple destroyer.” [DA468]
* Pagan services became punishable by death in 356. [DA468]
* Christian Emperor Theodosius (408-450) even had children executed, because they had been playing with remains of pagan statues. [DA469]
According to Christian chroniclers he “followed meticulously all Christian teachings…”
* In 6th century pagans were declared void of all rights.
* In the early fourth century the philosopher Sopatros was executed on demand of Christian authorities. [DA466]
* The world famous female philosopher Hypatia of Alexandria was torn to pieces with glass fragments by a hysterical Christian mob led by a Christian minister named Peter, in a church, in 415.
* Emperor Karl (Charlemagne) in 782 had 4500 Saxons, unwilling to convert to Christianity, beheaded. [DO30]
* Peasants of Steding (Germany) unwilling to pay suffocating church taxes: between 5,000 and 11,000 men, women and children slain 5/27/1234 near Altenesch/Germany. [WW223]
* 15th century Poland: 1019 churches and 17987 villages plundered by Knights of the Order. Number of victims unknown. [DO30]
* 16th and 17th century Ireland. English troops “pacified and civilized” Ireland, where only Gaelic “wild Irish”, “unreasonable beasts lived without any knowledge of God or good manners, in common of their goods, cattle, women, children and every other thing.” One of the more successful soldiers, a certain Humphrey Gilbert, half-brother of Sir Walter Raleigh, ordered that “the heddes of all those (of what sort soever thei were) which were killed in the daie, should be cutte off from their bodies… and should bee laied on the ground by eche side of the waie”, which effort to civilize the Irish indeed caused “greate terrour to the people when thei sawe the heddes of their dedde fathers, brothers, children, kinsfolke, and freinds on the grounde”.
Tens of thousands of Gaelic Irish fell victim to the carnage. [SH99, 225]
* First Crusade: 1095 on command of pope Urban II. [WW11-41]
* Semlin/Hungary 6/24/96 thousands slain. Wieselburg/Hungary 6/12/96 thousands. [WW23]
* 9/9/96-9/26/96 Nikaia, Xerigordon (then Turkish), thousands respectively. [WW25-27]
* Until January 1098 a total of 40 capital cities and 200 castles conquered (number of slain unknown) [WW30]
* After 6/3/98 Antiochia (then Turkish) conquered, between 10,000 and 60,000 slain. 6/28/98 100,000 Turks (incl. women and children) killed.
Here the Christians “did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy’s] tents – save that they ran their lances through their bellies,” according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres. [EC60]
* Marra (Maraat an-numan) 12/11/98 thousands killed. Because of the subsequent famine “the already stinking corpses of the enemies were eaten by the Christians” said chronicler Albert Aquensis. [WW36]
* Jerusalem conquered 7/15/1099 more than 60,000 victims (Jewish, Muslim, men, women, children). [WW37-40]
In the words of one witness: “there [in front of Solomon’s temple] was such a carnage that our people were wading ankle-deep in the blood of our foes”, and after that “happily and crying for joy our people marched to our Saviour’s tomb, to honour it and to pay off our debt of gratitude.”
* The Archbishop of Tyre, eye-witness, wrote: “It was impossible to look upon the vast numbers of the slain without horror; everywhere lay fragments of human bodies, and the very ground was covered with the blood of the slain. It was not alone the spectacle of headless bodies and mutilated limbs strewn in all directions that roused the horror of all who looked upon them. Still more dreadful was it to gaze upon the victors themselves, dripping with blood from head to foot, an ominous sight which brought terror to all who met them. It is reported that within the Temple enclosure alone about ten thousand infidels perished.” [TG79]
* Christian chronicler Eckehard of Aura noted that “even the following summer in all of Palestine the air was polluted by the stench of decomposition”. [WW41]
* Battle of Askalon, 8/12/1099. Thousands of heathens slaughtered “in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ”. [WW45]
* Fourth crusade: 4/12/1204 Constantinople sacked, number of victims unknown, numerous thousands, many of them Christian. [WW141-148]
* Crusades (1095-1291)
o Estimated totals:
+ Wertham: 1,000,000
+ Charles Mackay, Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the
Madness of Crowds (1841): 2,000,000 Europeans killed. [http://www.bootlegbooks.com/NonFiction/Mackay/PopDelusions/chap09.html]
+ Aletheia, The Rationalist’s Manual: 5,000,000
o Individual Events:
+ Davies: Crusaders killed up to 8,000 Jews in Rhineland
+ Paul Johnson A History of the Jews (1987): 1,000 Jewish women in
Rhineland comm. suicide to avoid the mob, 1096.
+ Gibbon, Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, v.5, 6
# 1st Crusade: 300,000 Eur. k at Battle of Nice [Nicea].
# Crusaders vs. Solimon of Roum: 4,000 Christians, 3,000 Moslems
# 1098, Fall of Antioch: 100,000 Moslems massacred.
# 50,000 Pilgrims died of disease.
# 1099, Fall of Jerusalem: 70,000 Moslems massacred.
# Siege of Tiberias: 30,000 Christians k.
# Siege of Tyre: 1,000 Turks
# Richard the Lionhearted executes 3,000 Moslem POWs.
# 1291: 100,000 Christians k after fall of Acre.
# Fall of Christian Antioch: 17,000 massacred.
# [TOTAL: 677,000 listed in these episodes here.]
+ Catholic Encyclopedia (1910) [http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/]
# Jaffa: 20,000 Christians massacred, 1197
+ Sorokin estimates that French, English & Imperial German Crusaders lost
a total of 3,600 in battle.
# 1st C (1096-99): 400
# 2nd C (1147-49): 750
# 3rd C (1189-91): 930
# 4th C (1202-04): 120
# 5th C (1228-29): 600
# 7th C (1248-54): 700
+ James Trager, The People’s Chronology (1992)
# 1099: Crusaders slaughter 40,000 inhabs of Jerusalem. Dis/starv reduced
Crusaders from 300,000 to 60,000.
# 1147: 2nd Crusades begins with 500,000. “Most” lost to
# 1190: 500 Jews massacred in York.
# 1192: 3rd Crusade reduced from 100,000 to 5,000 through famine, plagues and
desertions in campaign vs Antioch.
# 1212: Children’s Crusade loses some 50,000.
# [TOTAL: Just in these incidents, it appears the Europeans lost around
o TOTAL: When I take all the individual death tolls listed here, weed out
the duplicates, fill in the blanks, apply Occam (“Pluralitas non est
ponenda sine necessitate”), etc. I get a very rough total of 1½ M
deaths in the Crusades.
Heretics and Atheists
* Already in 385 C.E. the first Christians, the Spanish Priscillianus and six followers, were beheaded for heresy in Trier/Germany [DO26]
* Manichaean heresy: a crypto-Christian sect decent enough to practice birth control (and thus not as irresponsible as faithful Catholics) was exterminated in huge campaigns all over the Roman empire between 372 C.E. and 444 C.E. Numerous thousands of victims. [NC]
* Albigensians: the first Crusade intended to slay other Christians. [DO29]
The Albigensians (Cathars) viewed themselves as good Christians, but would not accept Roman Catholic rule, and taxes, and prohibition of birth control. [NC]
Begin of violence: on command of pope Innocent III (the greatest single mass murderer prior to the Nazi era) in 1209. Beziérs (today France) 7/22/1209 destroyed, all the inhabitants were slaughtered. Number of victims (including Catholics refusing to turn over their heretic
neighbors and friends) estimated between 20,000-70,000. [WW179-181]
* Carcassonne 8/15/1209, thousands slain. Other cities followed. [WW181]
* Subsequent 20 years of war until nearly all Cathars (probably half the population of the Languedoc, today southern France) were exterminated. [WW183]
* After the war ended (1229) the Inquisition was founded 1232 to search and destroy surviving/hiding heretics. Last Cathars burned at the stake 1324.
* Estimated one million victims (Cathar heresy alone), [WW183]
* Other heresies: Waldensians, Paulikians, Runcarians, Josephites, and many others. Most of these sects exterminated, (I believe some Waldensians live today, yet they had to endure 600 years of persecution) I estimate at least hundred thousand victims (including the Spanish inquisition but excluding victims in the New World).
* Spanish Inquisitor Torquemada, a former Dominican friar, allegedly was responsible for 10,220 burnings. [DO28]
* John Huss, a critic of papal infallibility and indulgences, was burned at the stake in 1415. [LI475-522]
* Michael Sattler, leader of a baptist community, was burned at the stake in Rottenburg, Germany, May 20, 1527. Several days later his wife and other follwers were also executed. [KM]
* University professor B.Hubmaier burned at the stake 1538 in Vienna. [DO59]
* Giordano Bruno, Dominican monk, after having been incarcerated for seven years, was burned at the stake for heresy on the Campo dei Fiori (Rome) on 2/17/1600.
* Thomas Aikenhead, a twenty-year-old scottish student of Edinburgh University, was hanged for atheism and blasphemy.
* From the beginning of Christianity to 1484 probably more than several thousand.
* In the era of witch hunting (1484-1750) according to modern scholars several hundred thousand (about 80% female) burned at the stake or hanged.
* Incomplete list of documented cases:
The Burning of Witches – A Chronicle of the Burning Times
* 15th century: Crusades against Hussites, thousands slain. [DO30]
* 1538 pope Paul III declared Crusade against apostate England and all English as slaves of Church (fortunately had not power to go into action). [DO31]
* 1568 Spanish Inquisition Tribunal ordered extermination of 3 million rebels in (then Spanish) Netherlands. [DO31]
Between 5000 and 6000 Protestants were drowned by Spanish Catholic Troops, “a disaster the burghers of Emden first realized when several thousand broad-brimmed Dutch hats floated by.” [SH216]
* 1572 In France about 20,000 Huguenots were killed on command of pope Pius V. Until 17th century 200,000 flee. [DO31]
* 17th century: Catholics slay Gaspard de Coligny, a Protestant leader. After murdering him, the Catholic mob mutilated his body, “cutting off his head, his hands, and his genitals… and then dumped him into the river […but] then, deciding that it was not worthy of being food for the fish, they hauled it out again [… and] dragged what was left … to the gallows of Montfaulcon, ‘to be meat and carrion for maggots and crows’.” [SH191]
* 17th century: Catholics sack the city of Magdeburg/Germany: roughly 30,000 Protestants were slain. “In a single church fifty women were found beheaded,” reported poet Friedrich Schiller, “and infants still sucking the breasts of their lifeless mothers.” [SH191]
* 17th century 30 years’ war (Catholic vs. Protestant): at least 40% of population decimated, mostly in Germany. [DO31-32]
* Already in the 4th and 5th centuries synagogues were burned by Christians.Number of Jews slain unknown.
* In the middle of the fourth century the first synagogue was destroyed on command of bishop Innocentius of Dertona in Northern Italy. The first synagogue known to have been burned down was near the river Euphrat, on command of the bishop of Kallinikon in the year 388. [DA450]
* 694 17. Council of Toledo: Jews were enslaved, their property confiscated, and their children forcibly baptized. [DA454]
* 1010 The Bishop of Limoges (France) had the cities’ Jews, who would not convert to Christianity, expelled or killed. [DA453]
* 1096 First Crusade: Thousands of Jews slaughtered, maybe 12.000 total. Places: Worms 5/18/1096, Mainz 5/27/1096 (1100 persons), Cologne, Neuss, Altenahr, Wevelinghoven, Xanten, Moers, Dortmund, Kerpen, Trier, Metz, Regensburg, Prag and others (All locations Germany except Metz/France, Prag/Czech) [EJ]
* 1147 Second Crusade: Several hundred Jews were slain in Ham, Sully, Carentan, and Rameru (all locations in France). [WW57]
* 1189/90 Third Crusade: English Jewish communities sacked. [DO40]
* 1235, Fulda/Germany: 34 Jewish men and women slain. [DO41]
* 1257, 1267: Jewish communities of London, Canterbury, Northampton, Lincoln, Cambridge, and others exterminated. [DO41]
* 1290 Bohemia (Poland) allegedly 10,000 Jews killed. [DO41]
* 1337 Starting in Deggendorf/Germany a Jew-killing craze reaches 51 towns in Bavaria, Austria, Poland. [DO41]
* 1348 All Jews of Basel/Switzerland and Strasbourg/France (two thousand) burned. [DO41]
* 1349 In more than 350 towns in Germany all Jews murdered, mostly burned alive (in this one year more Jews were killed than Christians in 200 years of ancient Roman persecution of Christians). [DO42]
* 1389 In Prag 3,000 Jews were slaughtered. [DO42]
* 1391 Seville’s Jews killed (Archbishop Martinez leading). 4,000 were slain, 25,000 sold as slaves. [DA454] Their identification was made easy by the brightly colored “badges of shame” that all Jews above the age of ten had been forced to wear.
* 1492 In the year Columbus set sail to conquer a New World, more than 150,000 Jews were expelled from Spain, many died on their way: 6/30/1492.
* 1648 Chmielnitzki massacres: In Poland about 200,000 Jews were slain.
(I feel sick …) this goes on and on, century after century, right into the kilns of Auschwitz.
* Beginning with Columbus (a former slave trader and would-be Holy Crusader) the conquest of the New World began, as usual understood as a means to propagate Christianity.
* Within hours of landfall on the first inhabited island he encountered in the Caribbean, Columbus seized and carried off six native people who, he said, “ought to be good servants … [and] would easily be made Christians, because it seemed to me that they belonged to no religion.” [SH200]
While Columbus described the Indians as “idolators” and “slaves, as many as [the Crown] shall order,” his pal Michele de Cuneo, Italian nobleman, referred to the natives as “beasts” because “they eat when they are hungry,” and made love “openly whenever they feel like it.” [SH204-205]
* On every island he set foot on, Columbus planted a cross, “making the declarations that are required” – the requerimiento – to claim the ownership for his Catholic patrons in Spain. And “nobody objected.” If the Indians refused or delayed their acceptance (or understanding), the requerimiento continued:
“I certify to you that, with the help of God, we shall powerfully enter in your country and shall make war against you … and shall subject you to the yoke and obedience of the Church … and shall do you all mischief that we can, as to vassals who do not obey and refuse to receive their lord and resist and contradict him.” [SH66]
* Likewise in the words of John Winthrop, first governor of Massachusetts Bay Colony: “justifieinge the undertakeres of the intended Plantation in New England … to carry the Gospell into those parts of the world, … and to raise a Bulworke against the kingdome of the Ante-Christ.” [SH235]
* In average two thirds of the native population were killed by colonist-imported smallpox before violence began. This was a great sign of “the marvelous goodness and providence of God” to the Christians of course, e.g. the Governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony wrote in 1634, as “for the natives, they are near all dead of the smallpox, so as the Lord hath cleared our title to what we possess.” [SH109,238]
* On Hispaniola alone, on Columbus visits, the native population (Arawak), a rather harmless and happy people living on an island of abundant natural resources, a literal paradise, soon mourned 50,000 dead. [SH204]
* The surviving Indians fell victim to rape, murder, enslavement and Spanish raids.
* As one of the culprits wrote: “So many Indians died that they could not be counted, all through the land the Indians lay dead everywhere. The stench was very great and pestiferous.” [SH69]
* The Indian chief Hatuey fled with his people but was captured and burned alive. As “they were tying him to the stake a Franciscan friar urged him to take Jesus to his heart so that his soul might go to heaven, rather than descend into hell. Hatuey replied that if heaven was where the Christians went, he would rather go to hell.” [SH70]
* What happened to his people was described by an eyewitness:
“The Spaniards found pleasure in inventing all kinds of odd cruelties … They built a long gibbet, long enough for the toes to touch the ground to prevent strangling, and hanged thirteen [natives] at a time in honor of Christ Our Saviour and the twelve Apostles… then, straw was wrapped around their torn bodies and they were burned alive.” [SH72]
Or, on another occasion:
“The Spaniards cut off the arm of one, the leg or hip of another, and from some their heads at one stroke, like butchers cutting up beef and mutton for market. Six hundred, including the cacique, were thus slain like brute beasts…Vasco [de Balboa] ordered forty of them to be torn to pieces by dogs.” [SH83]
* The “island’s population of about eight million people at the time of Columbus’s arrival in 1492 already had declined by a third to a half before the year 1496 was out.” Eventually all the island’s natives were exterminated, so the Spaniards were “forced” to import slaves from other caribbean islands, who soon suffered the same fate. Thus “the Caribbean’s millions of native people [were] thereby effectively liquidated in barely a quarter of a century”. [SH72-73] “In less than the normal lifetime of a single human being, an entire culture of millions of people, thousands of years resident in their homeland, had been exterminated.” [SH75]
* “And then the Spanish turned their attention to the mainland of Mexico and Central America. The slaughter had barely begun. The exquisite city of Tenochtitlán [Mexico city] was next.” [SH75]
* Cortez, Pizarro, De Soto and hundreds of other Spanish conquistadors likewise sacked southern and mesoamerican civilizations in the name of Christ (De Soto also sacked Florida).
* “When the 16th century ended, some 200,000 Spaniards had moved to the Americas. By that time probably more than 60,000,000 natives were dead.”
Of course no different were the founders of what today is the US of America.
* Although none of the settlers would have survived winter without native help, they soon set out to expel and exterminate the Indians. Warfare among (north American) Indians was rather harmless, in comparison to European standards, and was meant to avenge insults rather than conquer land. In the words of some of the pilgrim fathers: “Their Warres are farre less bloudy…”, so that there usually was “no great slawter of nether side”. Indeed, “they might fight seven yeares and not kill seven men.” What is more, the Indians usually spared women and children. [SH111]
* In the spring of 1612 some English colonists found life among the (generally friendly and generous) natives attractive enough to leave Jamestown – “being idell … did runne away unto the Indyans,” – to live among them (that probably solved a sex problem).
“Governor Thomas Dale had them hunted down and executed: ‘Some he apointed (sic) to be hanged Some burned Some to be broken upon wheles, others to be staked and some shott to deathe’.” [SH105] Of course these elegant measures were restricted for fellow Englishmen: “This was the treatment for those who wished to act like Indians. For those who had no
choice in the matter, because they were the native people of Virginia” methods were different: “when an Indian was accused by an Englishman of stealing a cup and failing to return it, the English response was to attack the natives in force, burning the entire community” down. [SH105]
* On the territory that is now Massachusetts the founding fathers of the colonies were committing genocide, in what has become known as the “Peqout War.” The killers were New England Puritan Christians, refugees from persecution in their own home country England.
* When however, a dead colonist was found, apparently killed by Narragansett Indians, the Puritan colonists wanted revenge. Despite the Indian chief’s pledge they attacked.
Somehow they seem to have lost the idea of what they were after, because when they were greeted by Pequot Indians (long-time foes of the Narragansetts) the troops nevertheless made war on the Pequots and burned their villages.
The puritan commander-in-charge John Mason after one massacre wrote: “And indeed such a dreadful Terror did the Almighty let fall upon their Spirits, that they would fly from us and run into the very Flames, where many of them perished … God was above them, who laughed his Enemies and the Enemies of his People to Scorn, making them as a fiery Oven … Thus did the Lord judge among the Heathen, filling the Place with dead Bodies”: men, women, children. [SH113-114]
* So “the Lord was pleased to smite our Enemies in the hinder Parts, and to give us their land for an inheritance”. [SH111].
* Because of his readers’ assumed knowledge of Deuteronomy, there was no need for Mason to quote the words that immediately follow:
“Thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth. But thou shalt utterly destroy them…” (Deut 20)
* Mason’s comrade Underhill recalled how “great and doleful was the bloody sight to the view of the young soldiers” yet reassured his readers that “sometimes the Scripture declareth women and children must perish with their parents”. [SH114]
* Other Indians were killed in successful plots of poisoning. The colonists even had dogs especially trained to kill Indians and to devour children from their mothers breasts, in the colonists’ own words: “blood Hounds to draw after them, and Mastives to seaze them.” (This was inspired by Spanish methods of the time)
In this way they continued until the extermination of the Pequots was near. [SH107-119]
* The surviving handful of Indians “were parceled out to live in servitude. John Endicott and his pastor wrote to the governor asking for ‘a share’ of the captives, specifically ‘a young woman or girle and a boy if you thinke good’.” [SH115]
* Other tribes were to follow the same path.
* Comment the Christian exterminators: “God’s Will, which will at last give us cause to say: How Great is His Goodness! and How Great is his Beauty!”
“Thus doth the Lord Jesus make them to bow before him, and to lick the Dust!” [TA]
* Like today, lying was morally acceptable to Christians then. “Peace treaties were signed with every intention to violate them: when the Indians ‘grow secure uppon (sic) the treatie’, advised the Council of State in Virginia, ‘we shall have the better Advantage both to surprise them, & cutt downe theire Corne’.” [SH106]
* In 1624 sixty heavily armed Englishmen cut down 800 defenseless Indian men, women and children. [SH107]
* In a single massacre in “King Philip’s War” of 1675 and 1676 some “600 Indians were destroyed. A delighted Cotton Mather, revered pastor of the Second Church in Boston, later referred to the slaughter as a ‘barbeque’.” [SH115]
* To summarize: Before the arrival of the English, the western Abenaki people in New Hampshire and Vermont had numbered 12,000. Less than half a century later about 250 remained alive – a destruction rate of 98%. The Pocumtuck people had numbered more than 18,000, fifty years later they were down to 920 – 95% destroyed. The Quiripi-Unquachog people had numbered about
30,000, fifty years later they were down to 1500 – 95% destroyed. The Massachusetts people had numbered at least 44,000, fifty years later barely 6000 were alive – 81% destroyed. [SH118] These are only a few examples of the multitude of tribes living before Christian colonists set their foot on the New World. All this was before the smallpox epidemics of 1677 and 1678 had occurred. And the carnage was not over then.
* All the above was only the beginning of the European colonization, it was before the frontier age actually had begun.
* A total of maybe more than 150 million Indians (of both Americas) were destroyed in the period of 1500 to 1900, as an average two thirds by smallpox and other epidemics, that leaves some 50 million killed directly by violence, bad treatment and slavery.
* In many countries, such as Brazil, and Guatemala, this continues even today.
More Glorious Events in U.S. History
* Reverend Solomon Stoddard, one of New England’s most esteemed religious leaders, in “1703 formally proposed to the Massachusetts Governor that the colonists be given the financial wherewithal to purchase and train large packs of dogs ‘to hunt Indians as they do bears’.” [SH241]
* Massacre of Sand Creek, Colorado 11/29/1864. Colonel John Chivington, a former Methodist minister and still elder in the church (“I long to be wading in gore”) had a Cheyenne village of about 600, mostly women and children, gunned down despite the chiefs’ waving with a white flag: 400-500 killed.
From an eye-witness account: “There were some thirty or forty squaws collected in a hole for protection; they sent out a little girl about six years old with a white flag on a stick; she had not proceeded but a few steps when she was shot and killed. All the squaws in that hole were afterwards killed …” [SH131]
* By the 1860s, “in Hawai’i the Reverend Rufus Anderson surveyed the carnage that by then had reduced those islands’ native population by 90 percent or more, and he declined to see it as tragedy; the expected total die-off of the Hawaiian population was only natural, this missionary said, somewhat equivalent to ‘the amputation of diseased members of the body’.”
20th Century Church Atrocities
* Catholic extermination camps
Surprisingly few know that Nazi extermination camps in World War II were by no means the only ones in Europe at the time. In the years 1942-1943 also in Croatia existed numerous extermination camps, run by Catholic Ustasha under their dictator Ante Paveliç, a practicing Catholic and regular visitor to the then pope. There were even concentration camps exclusively for children!
In these camps – the most notorious was Jasenovac, headed by a Franciscan friar –
orthodox-Christian Serbians (and a substantial number of Jews) were murdered. Like the Nazis the Catholic Ustasha burned their victims in kilns, alive (the Nazis were decent enough to have their victims gassed first). But most of the victims were simply stabbed, slain or shot to death, the number of them being estimated between 300,000 and 600,000, in a rather tiny country. Many of the killers were Franciscan friars. The atrocities were appalling enough to induce bystanders of the Nazi “Sicherheitsdienst der SS”, watching, to complain about them to Hitler (who did not listen). The pope knew about these events and did
nothing to prevent them. [MV]
* Catholic terror in Vietnam
In 1954 Vietnamese freedom fighters; the Viet Minh; – had finally defeated the French colonial government in North Vietnam, which by then had been supported by U.S. funds amounting to more than $2 billion. Although the victorious assured religious freedom to all (most non-Buddhist Vietnamese were Catholics), due to huge anticommunist propaganda campaigns many Catholics fled to the South. With the help of Catholic lobbies in Washington and Cardinal Spellman, the Vatican’s spokesman in U.S. politics, who later on would call the U.S. forces in Vietnam “Soldiers of Christ”, a scheme was concocted to prevent democratic elections which could have brought the communist Viet Minh to power in the South as well, and the fanatic Catholic Ngo Dinh Diem was made president of South Vietnam. [MW16ff]
Diem saw to it that U.S. aid, food, technical and general assistance was given to Catholics alone, Buddhist individuals and villages were ignored or had to pay for the food aids which were given to Catholics for free. The only religious denomination to be supported was Roman Catholicism.
The Vietnamese McCarthyism turned even more vicious than its American counterpart. By 1956 Diem promulgated a presidential order which read:
“Individuals considered dangerous to the national defense and common security may be confined by executive order, to a concentration camp.”
Supposedly to fight communism, thousands of Buddhist protesters and monks were imprisoned in “detention camps.” Out of protest dozens of Buddhist teachers – male and female – and monks poured gasoline over themselves and burned themselves. (Note that Buddhists burned themselves: in comparison Christians tend to burn others). Meanwhile some of the prison camps, which in the meantime were filled with Protestant and even Catholic protesters as well, had turned into no-nonsense death camps. It is estimated that during this period of terror (1955-1960) at least 24,000 were wounded – ; mostly in street riots ; – 80,000 people were executed, 275,000 had been detained or tortured, and about 500,000 were sent to concentration or detention camps. [MW76-89].
To support this kind of government in the next decade thousands of American GI’s lost their life.
* Christianity kills the cat
On July 1, 1976, Anneliese Michel, a 23-year-old student of a teachers college in Germany, died: she starved herself to death. For months she had been haunted by demonic visions and apparitions, and for months two Catholic priests – with explicit approval of the Catholic bishop of Würzburg – additionally pestered and tormented the wretched girl with their exorcist rituals. After her death in Klingenberg hospital – her body was littered with wounds – her parents, both of them
fanatical Catholics, were sentenced to six months for not having called for medical help. None of the priests was punished: on the contrary, Miss Michel’s grave today is a place of pilgrimage and worship for a number of similarly faithful Catholics (in the seventeenth century Würzburg was notorious for it’s extensive witch burnings).
This case is only the tip of an iceberg of such evil superstition and has become known only because of its lethal outcome. [SP80]
* Rwanda Massacres
In 1994 in the small African country of Rwanda in just a few months several hundred thousand civilians were butchered, apparently a conflict of the Hutu and Tutsi ethnic groups.
For quite some time I heard only rumors about Catholic clergy actively involved in the 1994 Rwanda massacres. Odd denials of involvement were printed in Catholic church journals, before even anybody had openly accused members of the church.
Then, 10/10/96, in the newscast of S2 Aktuell, Germany – a station not at all critical to Christianity – the following was stated:
“Anglican as well as Catholic priests and nuns are suspect of having actively participated in murders. Especially the conduct of a certain Catholic priest has been occupying the public mind in Rwanda’s capital Kigali for months. He was minister of the church of the Holy Family and allegedly murdered Tutsis in the most brutal manner. He is reported to have accompanied marauding Hutu militia with a gun in his cowl. In fact there has been a bloody slaughter of Tutsis seeking shelter in his parish. Even two years after the massacres many Catholics refuse to set foot on the threshold of their church, because to them the participation of a certain part of the clergy in the slaughter is well established. There is almost no church in Rwanda that has not seen refugees – women, children, old – being brutally butchered facing the crucifix.
According to eyewitnesses clergymen gave away hiding Tutsis and turned them over to the machetes of the Hutu militia.
In connection with these events again and again two Benedictine nuns are mentioned, both of whom have fled into a Belgian monastery in the meantime to avoid prosecution. According to survivors one of them called the
Hutu killers and led them to several thousand people who had sought shelter in her monastery. By force the doomed were driven out of the churchyard and were murdered in the presence of the nun right in front of the gate. The other one is also reported to have directly cooperated with the murderers of the Hutu militia. In her case again witnesses report that she watched the slaughtering of people in cold blood and without showing response. She is even accused of having procured some petrol used by the killers to set on
fire and burn their victims alive…” [S2]
More recently the BBC aired:
Priests get death sentence for Rwandan genocide
BBC NEWS April 19, 1998
A court in Rwanda has sentenced two Roman Catholic priests to death for their role in the genocide of 1994, in which up to a million Tutsis and moderate Hutus were killed. Pope John Paul said the priests must be made to account for their actions. Different sections of the Rwandan church have been widely accused of playing an active role in the genocide of 1994…
* As can be seen from these events, to Christianity the Dark Ages never come to an end.
And there were more “Glorious Events” ……………………………………..
With the advent of the work of the Messiah
“Nor shall they learn war any more.” (Micah 4)
Obviously we have not seen this yet,
Face the words
Tell me a place that God considers Holy today, based on scripture.
“And the Lord shall inherit Judah as his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.” (Zachariah 2)
“ The Holy land “ Refers to the land of Israel……………………
Why after 2,000 years is this new temple Holy over the thousands of churches, mosques, Hindu and Buddahists temples, various other places that people all over the world worship their various gods?
Because God has said he will build his house and will be Holy, The prophets are full of these verses
The 3rd Temple is Described in Ezekial in Detail :
“And he measured its length, twenty cubits; and the width, twenty cubits, according to the width of the temple; and he said to me, This the most holy place.” (Ezek 41)
Pope Benedictus XVI is scheduled to arrive in Israel six weeks from now, and concern is growing over possibly irreversible Israeli concessions to the Church.
For more than ten years, Israel and the Vatican have been negotiating a diplomatic agreement regarding their tax dispute over Catholic Church properties in Israel, as well as other issues over which they disagree. Though public details are sparse to nil, Foreign Ministry officials say major progress has been made – leading many to fear that the Church will be granted a political and religious foothold in the Holy Land.
In recent years, the Vatican – acting on behalf of Catholic theology – signed a series of secret agreements, behind the public’s back, with various elements in the State of Israel, bereft of respect for the spiritual and political essence of the Jewish Nation. The essence of these agreements is the transfer of ownership over national Jewish property in Jerusalem to the hands of foreigners, and the instigation of processes to destabilize the Jewish People’s ownership over its sacred sites – primarily, the Temple Mount, the Western Wall, and the entire Old City of Jerusalem.
Giving these and other sites to the Vatican and international elements will lead to their detachment from the State’s territorial area.
The State of Israel is bound to the document of acquisition [known as] the Bible, which was the basis for the Jewish People’s claim to its Land when it established the State of Israel. The State must therefore actualize Jewish sovereignty in Jerusalem, the City of G-d, the city of kingship, the capital of Israel, the heart of the world. It must guarantee the right of worship for Jews on the Temple Mount…
It should be remembered that the Vatican, as the leading Christian Church, is responsible for the legacy of Rome – the conqueror of Jerusalem, the exiler of its Jews, the destroyer of its land. All the churches that exists today in the Land of Israel are the result of the Jewish destruction 1,900 years ago, the elimination of the Jews from their land, and the exile that Christianity wishes to boast will be eternal. This, in addition to the priceless material and spiritual treasures found in the basements of the Vatican [such as the utensils of the destroyed Holy Temple – ed.], as well as the countless synagogues throughout the world that were confiscated by the Vatican and its representatives and not returned.
Continued flattery to the Church on the basis of illegal agreements is liable to end, Heaven forbid, in destructive religious wars all over the globe. The history to this disbute is long.
At the time of the destruction of the 2nd Temple the Jews believed God was destroying the temple and exiling them from their land for the sin of not treating each other properly. The early Christians saw something quite different in the events of their day. After all, if the Temple was destroyed in the year 70 of the Common Era could the cause not be attributed to the Jewish rejection of Jesus as the Messiah? Coming so soon one after the other, it was quite tempting to connect a catastrophe with a religious conviction; the Jewish people who refused to accept Jesus as Savior were condemned to be defeated and cast into exile.
It was this very line of reasoning which became the basis of the pejorative, “the wandering Jew”. Throughout history the phrase carried with it both curse and prediction: it is the fate of the Jew to wander evermore over the face of the earth, without permanent residence or homeland, until such a time that he atones for his crime of faithlessness by embracing the truth of the divinity of Jesus.
Accepted as fundamental Christian doctrine, the idea of the wandering Jew represented a very unique and dangerous kind of prophecy. It is after all possible to predict that something will happen at some point in the future and not be threatened by its failure to come to pass. All one needs to say in response is that it has not yet occurred. A request for patience is as valid as the initial pronouncement.
Precisely this is the way in which Christianity has dealt for almost two thousand years with the fact that Jesus, after his death, did not return for the promised second coming. He didn’t, they say, but he will – and there is no possible way to firmly refute their teaching.
But what is so very special about the prediction of the Church involving the Jew is that a doctrine of faith made clear that something – i.e. the return of the Jews to Israel from their decreed lands of dispersion – will never take place unless Jews embrace Jesus. If a religion stakes a claim on credibility by affirming that an event cannot ever happen – and it does – it would appear that the damage is irreparable.
That is indeed what happened to Christian theology in the twentieth century. The birth of modern day Israel may have been threatening to the Arab world as a conflict of homelands. For the Vatican, however, the problem was far more profound: it was a conflict of creeds which clearly crowned one as a victor.
It was my revered teacher, Rabbi Joseph Soloveitchik, ZT”L, who oft pointed out that after 1948 Christian scholars were frantically trying to come to terms with a political reality they had for so long deemed a religious impossibility. In the privacy of scholarly conclaves and in carefully guarded gatherings of theologians, it was decided that aside from the Church not granting recognition to Israel’s existence – perhaps if you say it isn’t really there you can make it go away – the solution to the “refutation of the prediction” was that Israel without Jerusalem did not really represent a return of the holy land to the Jewish people. Without the sanctity of the holiest city, there is no sanctity to the rest of events of 1967. When Israel won the Six Day War, military strategists were dumfounded – but Christian leaders were devastated. How could they explain now a miracle that wasn’t suppose to happen? And how deal with a state that even proclaimed its holiest city once more its capital?
Only one way remained for Rome to deal with this unacceptable reality. Jerusalem could simply not be recognized as the capital city nor could the Jews be accepted as its master. Unspoken aloud is a powerful truth confirmed to me by a leading political figure in Israel. So sensitive is the subject, however, that he has not only forbidden me to quote him but warned me that if I did so he would deny ever having said so. Behind the scenes, he advised me, there is more pressure for the internationalization of Jerusalem coming from the Christian world than from the Arab. It is not hard to understand. A Jewish Jerusalem does not deprive them of territory – it takes from them the validity of a Testament.
Let no one be misled. There is simply no way in which the Church can be accommodating in this matter. Compromise is out of the question. The matter is just too heavily weighted with theological considerations. When Leah Rabin visited with the Pope she thought she heard allusions to “a new approach” to the Jerusalem question. Her naiveté should not be shared by anyone aware of the deeper dimensions of this issue. The Pope, after all, has no choice. As the religious leader of a faith sorely tested by the Divine message of our generation, he can only hope to undo what Jerusalem proclaims to the “wandering Jews” of our times who have at last come home.
For more than ten years, Israel and the Vatican have been negotiating a diplomatic agreement regarding their tax dispute over Catholic Church properties in Israel, as well as other issues over which they disagree. Though public details are sparse to nil, Foreign Ministry officials say major progress has been made – leading many to fear that the Church will be granted a political and religious foothold in the Holy Land. Though Church officials hope the agreement will be completed before the Pope’s arrival in May, this is not certain. Israeli Foreign Ministry’s Bahij Mansour, who heads its religious affairs section, said two weeks ago, “We are 85-90% there.”
Mansour also said that most issues still in dispute would be resolved in a meeting in April. Different reports say the meeting will take place either April 7 or April 23 – before and after Passover, respectively – and is to involve relatively high-level officials from both the Vatican and Israel’s Foreign Ministry.
Back in the mid-1990s, a statement made by Pope John Paul ii during an interview in his native Poland, broadcast in Italian over a Polish radio station, was noted by one of our Italian associates. She sent us a transcript of the interview, which included one particularly startling reference made by the pope regarding the Vatican’s ultimate goal of transferring its headquarters from Rome to Jerusalem. Since the failure of the Crusades, the most obvious of the overt and now very historical attempts by the Vatican to seize control of the Holy City. Those attempts have a long history with strong attachments to the German nation, right up to the past two world wars, and beyond to our present day. Both Vatican and German diplomacy in Israel are linked to a common end: possession of the Old City of Jerusalem, as well as most of the eastern half of the city. The Jews are the pawns in this grand game of international diplomacy, the Palestinians the all-too-willing grunts on the ground eager to facilitate the division of Jerusalem and the annihilation of the State of Israel in the process. The Vatican already has a significant presence in Jerusalem by virtue of free access to its holy sites over which Rome has legal jurisdiction, under Israeli law, including both its institutions and assets in Jerusalem. The consolidation of these arrangements came by virtue of a bilateral agreement termed “The Fundamental Agreement Between the Holy See and the State of Israel,” which the Israeli government signed with the Vatican on Dec. 30, 1993. The terms of this agreement, composed in secret, were subsequently legislated by the Israeli parliament, the Knesset. What remains largely unknown is the secret deal done by current Israeli President Shimon Peres and the leftist peacenik, former Meretz party member Yossi Beilin, known widely as “Peres’s poodle.”
The official story of the origins of Israel’s “secret channel contacts” between Beilin’s negotiating team and the Vatican comes about as a result of Shlomo Gur, a personal aide to Deputy Foreign Minister Yossi Beilin, who knew someone who put him in touch with Father David Jaeger. Father David Jaeger was president of the Catholic Court in Austin, Texas, and was brought up as an Israeli orthodox Jew who then converted to Catholicism and became a Father (not something that has happened to many Israelis who grew up Orthodox). From there, which according to the information on the Israel Foreign Ministry website was in July 1992 right after the new Rabin government took over power, nothing is known about the discussions until the agreement is signed on December 30th, 1993. Nothing in the Israeli press. The info given on the actual agreement signed was very minimal and general in tone. This is probably one of the most important political contacts Israel has in the world’s “power structure”, yet it isn’t reported on in the press. Thus no Israelis know about it. That is how it remains hidden.
You have to realize that for centuries The Vatican has attempted to obtain control of Jerusalem, which started with the Crusades. For them to convince the world that the Messiah they put on the world’s stage is going to be accepted as genuine, they need to perform this play in the Old City. The story of this production is that this “Messiah” will merge the three monotheistic religions, usher in peace and harmony in the world, and solve the Middle East conflict. The location for this “production” will be in none other than the Old City of Jerusalem.
This so-called “Messiah” that will be proclaimed will be a false one and it will insist that by having a “world government” (i.e., the United Nations) the world peace and harmony will be ushered in. This will be a lie and a fraud, but never mind. In our world, reality isn’t important — public perceptions are. The end result is the stripping of Israel’s sovereignty as an independent nation, giving way to a “regional bloc of nations” in the Middle East. Israel will be pressured to accede to these demands by all world bodies and the superpowers on the claim that “this is the only way to solve the Middle East conflict. In order to (induce) the Jews to go along, they will convince them that with the “Messiah” having appeared for the Jews, it is time to start rebuilding the Third Temple — what they call “Solomon’s Temple”. This version of events is widely available through a simple search on the Internet as there are many Christian groups and organizations (the majority of which are very pro-Israel) who don’t buy into these beliefs and thus are against them. I didn’t come up with the theory — I am just bringing it to the attention of the Israeli public.
Make no mistake about it. The Old City of Jerusalem, as well as most of the eastern half of the city, is what The Vatican is after.
Because controlling the entire Old City of Jerusalem (and not just Church properties) and being able to build whatever they want on Mount Zion is critical for the program they have planned to put into play in our capital city. The deal that it has signed with Israel via Yossi Beilin and Shimon Peres (in secret and without the approval of the Knesset) gives The Church not only extraterritorial status to their properties (which is what the bi-lateral agreement the Israeli government signed with the Vatican on December 30th, 1993, put in law) but of control over the entire city as “custodians” under UN presence. In this way the Jews will give up control over the Old City. To the Vatican the Israeli people would have a problem with. To the UN, they would say, “we had no choice”.
A Chronology Of The Attempt By The Vatican To Displace Israel From The Old City Of Jerusalem
On March 17th, Jerusalem Mayor Teddy Kollek says: “The Israeli government should meet the Vatican’s demand to apply special status for Jerusalem.”
On April 15th, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, one of the highest ranking diplomats at The Vatican, visits Israel for the first time but only meets with Jerusalem Mayor Teddy Kollek.
Deputy Mayor of Jerusalem Shmuel Meir announces at a Jerusalem press conference that he had received information that properties promised to the Vatican in Jerusalem would be granted extraterritorial status. (In early 1996 Meir was killed in a very suspicious car crash whereby the driver who drove a UN truck into Meir’s car was not even charged.)
The Roman Catholic Church wants Israel to lose sovereign control over the Old City of Jerusalem so that “the promises to the literal descendents of Abraham will be applied to the ‘New Jerusalem.'” If Israel controls Jerusalem it is evidence that Rome’s claims are not legitimate and that the literal interpretation of Scriptures is correct. There is no place for the restoration of the nation of Israel in its theology. How can the Vatican claim to be “the New Jerusalem” and “rightful heir to the Kingdom of God” if the Jews control Jerusalem? How is the Catholic Church going to convince the world that their version of theology is correct?
The Vatican is going to have everyone believe this “mysterious individual who will “unite the faiths” and appear in Jerusalem which will be under the control of an authority headed by The Vatican. ” That deal to have the Vatican come into Israel and take over these properties and to “control and dominate the Old City of Jerusalem” already exists and has been fully documented and reported in the world’s media.
The end goal of The Vatican is to seize control of the Old City of Jerusalem out of the clutches of the state of Israel. To that end they have a secret agreement with Israel which obliges Israel to respect the “extraterritorial” claim to their physical presence in the city. In short, “we have accepted the Vatican’s rights to have little Vatican sovereign embassies throughout our eternal capital of Jerusalem. That same Vatican has committed itself, in public and in a written agreement, to ensure that the Palestinians have sovereignty in the Old City of Jerusalem.
The public record shows a secret deal has already been conducted behind the backs of the Israeli public whereby the Vatican was promised to take over the Old City. There is ample proof in the public record to prove that a secret deal was done with the Vatican by two Israeli government representatives, Yossi Beilin and Shimon Peres. As it was concocted covertly it can’t serve the Israeli public, but someone else. Thus these agreements need to be made void and nullified.
The Vatican has a secret agenda and it includes stealing the Old City of Jerusalem away from the Jews. That is what you need to know and understand.
This is part of a letter concerning Christianity and Judaism
The God hears every ones heart and their prayers, but there are different paths.
It is good you wrote “by that logic, j. c. is irrelevant,” since it provides the opportunity to explain: That the way through death is eternal is evidence that the particular is who he seems to have said he was, the “son of God”–whatever this means. It is also relevant since this same salvation is visible to many through the gospel or the story of his life, death and resurrection.
What I mean by “irrelevant” is that its just not needed. As you have seen so far in the Bible in its description of the messianic revelation, he plays no part. The story is about the nation of Isreal, then the nations of the world. Not jc the nations and no Isreal or the replaced Isreal. It can’t fit the text in a “straight” way. Also the direct way is best right to Yhv”h. . If j. c is not what some say he was then its all definitely “irrelevant”, but God still sees. He knows all. If its possible to connect directly to God would it not be better ? Joshua said :
“But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the Torah, which Moses the servant of Yhv”h charged you, to love Yhv”h Elohech”a, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave to him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.” , now this I call good advise you do whats written here and all certianly will be well.
I have heard it explained that Christians believe that man and the world are so evil that they believe that by their actions it is impossible to transform the world or ourselves. Because of “original sin”. Thus they make the commandments of God in the bible “irrelevant” by thinking humans can not possibly change their evil nature or that of the world. Thus god had to send his son to die for the worlds sins as atonement.
To start with the man they call J.c – Yoshua could not possibly have believed that the commandments of God in the bible “irrelevant” thinking humans can not possibly change their evil nature or that of the world. He did the commandments of God. Its not a Torah thought that that the world is beyond hope. This foundation is against every thing the Torah teaches and against human logic. There is no doubt we can help individuals with acts of kindness and we can fight to uphold justice and righteousness in the world. Where did they ever get this idea the world God created is hopeless ? No Jewish sage ever believed anything like that.
Then what a “strange thing” they next substititute J.c for the Torah itself. Their major preoccupation with Torah involves imaginining find so illusion to Jc in it.., and it seems faith in J.c replaces good deeds for the closeness to god for salvation. It does seem to direct its followers against doing evil, but does not chase after the commandments of the Torah which are good, but abandoned them. None of this is Torah. Where it came from I’m not sure.
Torah has a altogether different position. Even if sin is a part of life, it does not dominate our outlook. The Torah teaches not sin, but a person is in control of his life. We learn from the Torah that the primary problem that we have to deal with in our life is not that of “evil”, but that of being neutral. The Torah’s solution to this problem are the (commandments) “mitzvoth”, which literally means attachment. By the commandments God has given us the ability to make the neutral Holy. To us it is the worst heresy to deny man and the world hope of a future. Surrendering belief in man’s potential goodness leads only to despair, helplessness and hopelessness. The premise of Christianity that man is essentially depraved and sinful. Needing to be saved is as far as you can get from Torah though. The Torah tells us man was created in God’s image, it is possible to bring forth the Divine from within you, and the Divine in other men. There is always the opportunity to do a “Mitzvah” (Biblical commandment).